Good advice to follow when it come to product development. I found this here:
The diseases are:
- Lack of constancy of purpose: You must remain focused on doing the right things because they are the right things to do for your customer and to achieve quality. ITSM is not a fad it is a way of behaving.
- Emphasis on short-term profits: Cutting costs can bring short-term profits and are easy to achieve. But cutting costs can only go on for so long, before you have cut to the bone and have nothing left to cut.
- Evaluation by performance, merit rating, or annual review of performance: Management by objectives ends up focusing on the objectives and not on the management. It is about “hitting the numbers” and not improvement.
- Mobility of management: When management changes jobs constantly there is no continuity or constancy of purpose. Each time a new leader comes in, the efforts of quality go back to square one.
- Running a company on visible figures alone: Everything that can be counted does not count, everything that counts cannot be counted—look for hidden information
- Excessive medical costs: Ensuring that workers are healthy to help deliver quality helps control costs.
- Excessive costs of liability: Lawyers are part of the problem not part of the solution according to Deming